Overview of Current and Past Engagements
Click on a business category to see details.
- Assisted home builder to track revenue and expenses from initial estimate to the final sale using job costing software.
- Assisted company in recovering a corrupted QuickBooks software data file. Interfaced with intuit to recover the data and get company back in operations with a limited loss of data.
- Assisted landscape company in reconfiguring their QuickBooks setup to provide better management reporting and project tracking.
- Assisted contractor for a major home center supplier in setting up QuickBooks to track projects, invoice supplier and monitor subcontracting costs.
- Assisted pool builder in setting up QuickBooks to track his costs and customer deposits during the pool construction.
- Assisted a fence builder in setting up his business on QuickBooks Online. Helped owner align this business process to better fit with QuickBooks Online.
- Assisted manufacturer of decorative iron works in moving to QuickBooks Premier – Manufacturing.
- Assisted oil field service company in resolving various inventory issues and documented process to track and account for items manufactured to stock.
- Worked with manufacturer to integrate his custom estimation tool with QuickBooks automatically creating invoices and tracking inventory from the estimating tool’s bill of materials.
- Developed invoice tracking application for architecture firm interfacing QuickBooks software with Microsoft Access and Excel software.
- Reviewed and made modifications to QuickBooks setup for company specializing in promotional products to assist them in better managing their business using the QuickBooks software.
- Assisted company engaged in commercial embroidery in setting up QuickBooks for multi-users and improving the overall QuickBooks response time.
- Assisted nationwide advertising company in upgrading to a hosted QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions environment in the cloud. Enabled sales staff, in multiple locations, to access the QuickBooks data.
- Documented the sales process from initial estimate to sales order to picking, packing and shipping to the final invoice. Also, documented the procurement process from the estimate to purchase order to receipt and bill payment.
- Assisted nationwide advertising company in bulk loading store locations, QuickBooks Jobs, from Excel spreadsheets provided by their customers.
- Developed a Microsoft Access application that extracts QuickBooks Work Order details from the Sales Orders directly from QuickBooks using the Software Development Kit interface. The application alerts installers of upcoming tasks in the near future via automatically generated emails.
- Developed a Microsoft Access application to extract QuickBooks Rental Inventory Parts from QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, tracking the usage of the rental items from acquisition to disposal, and easily facilitating the movement of the rental items from one location to another.
- Developed Microsoft Excel application to take the shipper’s information collected at the warehouse and email each sales rep his/her shipments data on a daily basis.
- Set up QuickBooks software including payroll software for author/consultant. Worked with CPA to meet both business and tax reporting requirements.
- Assisted in setting up family trust in Quicken providing up-to-date investment valuation and simplified the process of annually collecting data for the CPA at tax time.
- Assisted family in setting up Quicken to manage their assets and liabilities to include: banking, bill payments, credit card charges and investments.
- Performed a software review of the bakery’s QuickBooks software data covering the chart of accounts, item setup, upgrade steps to next software version and backup / recovery procedures of the software.
- Assisted law firm in migrating to QuickBooks Pro and implemented a tracking mechanism for their IOLTA account.
- Assisted law firm in migrating from QuickBooks Pro to QuickBooks Online providing set up and training.
- Developed a Microsoft Access application to assist law firm in tracking case files providing various means to search and filter the data. Enabled locating the Case Number by a variety of approaches.
- Provide ongoing support for church using QuickBooks software and payroll software. Developed interface between existing Microsoft Access applications software and QuickBooks software.
- Managed several Information Technology projects for a world-wide aerospace company relating to their use of the J.D. Edwards ERP applications including three projects interfacing the ERP application with web-based applications.
- Assisted an aircraft parts supplier in setting up their inventory to meet the aircraft parts regulations. Reviewed the QuickBooks data flow explaining how their process meshed with QuickBooks.
- Assisted retail store in the migration from outdated MS Access system software to QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Retail Edition software.
- Setup multi-store QuickBooks POS operation software with main store and five remote stores, Interfaced with existing QuickBooks Financials software at main store.
- Assisted retail store in installing Cash Management Plus software and associated hardware (receipt printer, cash drawer, scanner, and display pole) on a 64-bit Windows 7 operating system.
- Assisted retail store in preparing their QuickBooks data file for an IRS audit. Removed transactions and list items before and after the audit review period.
- Developed commissions report to assist management in paying sales staff. Extracted sales data and item cost data to calculate product margins and resulting commissions.
- Moved retailer’s QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions application to cloud to support a dispersed sales staff.
- Assisted museum in transitioning from Microsoft Dynamics to QuickBooks Online in the process of opening the museum. Worked with the museum staff in integrating their online ticket sales with QuickBooks. Installed QuickBooks GoPayments to handle the retail sales at the museum shop.